4/14/2009

A lesson never learned

I'm reading: A lesson never learnedTweet this!

When I was younger I loved Shel Silverstein's poems.  Now that my daughter loves to read them as much as I did once, I am finding all new contextual meaning to several of  the poems. Such was Shel's genius.

So, I figured I would share two of my favorite Silverstein poems.
Enjoy and take whatever you like from them.

Listen to the Mustn'ts

Listen to Mustn'ts, child, listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.
Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

Two Boxes

Two boxes met upon the road.
Said one unto the other,
"If you're a box,
And I'm a box,
Then you must be my brother.
Our sides are thin,
We're cavin' in,
And we must get no thinner."
And so two boxes, hand in hand,
Went home to have some dinne
r.





No comments:

Post a Comment